During your time at University, you may need advice about an academic issue. The Students' Union can advise and guide students through the University’s academic regulations. The Students' Union Education Officer can support and represent students facing fitness to practice, allegations of plagiarism (unfair practice) or a disciplinary due to misconduct at University hearings. All advice and the use of our services are confidential within the Students' Union.
Please note that these web pages only provide general guidance on academic support and University policy. It should not be regarded or relied upon as a complete or authoritative statement of University policy or procedures.
- ENJOY IT! It will be the quickest years of your life.
- Go to assignment writing workshops, “once you get your essay writing down it’ll make second and third year so much easier”
- During lectures, take notes and don’t rely on Moodle. It will help the information more memorable (Not all lecturers put the information on Moodle)
- Ask Questions! Challenge your lecturers and learn more.
- Set up meetings with your tutors and get feedback, discussion and tips on how to progress your work. “Go to your tutor with your ideas and you will get better, more personal feedback”
- Join or create an academic society
- Talk to your Course Reps – giving your feedback on the course you do can help improve your academic experience and success!
- Write down all your assignment deadlines and know when they are
- Don’t Forget: Everyone needs to rest and socialise so why not do it through sport!
- Organise your time effectively
- Go to your lectures and be sure not to miss out on the important stuff
For further advice and support please contact: Maisie Jerrim, Students' Union Education Officer: email@example.com or call 01242 714369
Alternatively you can contact Madi Azizi Students' Union President for support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, that during busy periods where we recieve large amounts of casework such as Feb/March & June/July there may be a short delay in responses. However, we will try our best to get back to you as soon as we can!