Free start up course for creatives (4 Saturday mornings)
Sat 28 Sep 2019 10:00 - Sat 19 Oct 2019 14:00St Mary’s de Crypt, Gloucester City Centre
Welcome to DO WHAT YOU LOVE: A collaboration between Start and Grow Enterprise and JOLT-ED.
The four-session Start-up Course for creatives will run every Saturday 10am - 2pm from 28th Sep – 19th Oct. Make sure to keep these dates free as to complete the course you MUST attend all four!
If you are thinking of turning your creativity and passion into your life’s work then the Start-up Course for Creatives is for you.
Who is this course for?
The Start-up Course for Creatives is for you if…
- You’re practicing in the creative arts
- You’re wondering how you can earn a living from your talents
- You have a creative business idea you’re itching to turn into reality
- You’re studying or employed and have ambitions to work for yourself.
When is the course?
This course is held over 4 Saturdays - 28th Sept, 5th, 12th & 19th Oct, from 10am - 2pm.
What will I do on the course?
- Learn business essentials, clarify your idea and identify your ideal market
- Start your market research journey and explore innovative ways to test your idea
- Invent your creative business and your career using a visual one-page tool to reveal new, more satisfying, career and life possibilities
- Finally, you will explore ways to tell your story more authentically on your social media. Build your confidence, your pitch and create an effective action plan to turn your ideas into reality!
You will have the opportunity to meet and work with like-minded creative entrepreneurs. By the end of the course, you’ll have developed clear next steps for taking your ideas forward and starting your business!
Who’s delivering this course?
This course is run by Julie Ellison MBA, Director of Make It Studios who has been supporting entrepreneurs to start creative, innovative businesses for over 15 years. You’ll also benefit from THREE guest speakers from the creative industries in various disciplines of the arts.
Where is it held?
This course is taking place in the newly renovated St Mary’s de Crypt in the central location of Southgate Street, Gloucester.
Where do I sign up?
Visit www.startandgrowenterprise.uk/join to join Start and Grow Enterprise (if you haven't already) and once you've logged into your account you'll be able to book your place.
The Start-up Course for Creatives is offered by Start and Grow Enterprise, a University of Gloucestershire project with funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) in collaboration with the Gloucester Culture Trust. Start and Grow Enterprise supports the growth of Gloucestershire-based entrepreneurs and start-ups (trading up to 3 years) through free training, events, networks, and resources.