The Students' Union is an organisation led by students, for students and we recruit 4 students to sit on our Board of Trustees.
Being a student trustee is an unpaid role but, you will gain an enormous amount of experience and skill throughout the year and adding trustee to your CV will really make you stand out from the crowd!
You will sit on the board of trustees along with the four sabbatical officers and five external trustees, to help develop and guide the work of the union.
Trustees are essential to the wellbeing and effectiveness of the Students' Union. Trustees have the ultimate legal responsibility for keeping their organisation focused on its purpose and directing the strategy (working with staff). They also have financial oversight, are responsible for resources, and are expected to ensure the organisation stays within the law.
The Board of Trustees has the following membership:
- 4 sabbatical trustees
- 4 student trustees
- 5 external trustees
To apply, all you need to do is fill out the simple form below.
The deadline for this is Thursday 22nd of October 2020 at Midday.
All Student trustees are required to:
- Attend Trustee Board meetings
- Ensure that The University of Gloucestershire Students’ Union (UoGSU) has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these
- Ensure that UoGSU complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Act as guardians of UoGSU assets
- Ensure that UoGSU’s governance is of the highest possible standard
All Student trustees should display the following characteristics:
- Commitment to and passion for the organisation and the student voice
- Reliable and committed
- Independent, critical thinker
- Willingness to speak their mind
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
Acting as trustee of a charity is a serious responsibility requiring an active role in the governance of the organisation. You can learn more about the role trustees play on the Charity Commission website (www.charity-commission.gov.uk)
Trustee eligibility for Student Trustees
You may not be eligible if you:
- Are under 18 years of age
- Have an unspent conviction of any offence involving deception or dishonesty
- Have been declared bankrupt
- Have made compositions with your creditors and have not been discharged
- Have at any time been removed as a trustee of another organisation
- Have failed to make payments under the County Court Administrators’ orders.
For any questions you may have, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.